MCCR worships in a beautiful church building we rescued from demolition in 1986. Built in 1906 by renowned architect Robert S. Roeschlaub, (who also designed the Central City Opera House) it is listed in the National Registry of Historic Places. The house next door has been remodeled into office space.
Directly behind the altar of the church is a monumental mural, Cosmic Christ. It was painted and donated by MCCR member Doyle Chappell, who used MCCR members of different races and genders to model for the images of Jesus and Mary. It’s soaring spirit and vivid colors bring life to the room.